Reinvigorating Cambridge’s longest established accountancy brand
PEM (formerly Peters Elworthy & Moore), Cambridge’s longest-established accountancy firm recognised that their brand needed reviewing in order to reflect their well-respected capabilities and market position. Our initial research identified the need to define the firm’s unique reason for being and use this to create a strong brand proposition and so an in depth and far reaching brand development project began.
A tailored research programme was deployed involving both qualitative and quantitative techniques, through which we spent time investigating the competitive landscape and talking to staff and clients to get to the heart of what makes PEM truly different. We distilled this information down into a solid brand proposition that would provide both a strong foundation and create impact for the brand internally with staff and externally with core audiences.
- We defined a single organising idea and a proposition that communicates exactly what is at the heart of the firm.
- In line with the proposition and modern outlook of the firm we recommended a name update from Peters Elworthy & Moore to PEM.
- We worked with the PEM team to develop an internal communications programme and define a cohesive brand voice to create understanding and engagement with team members.
- Collaborating with MobasMuse, we gave the firm a new visual identity, crafted to highlight the firm’s strength in service and differentiate it from its competitors.
- We worked with MobasIgnite to develop a new and engaging website, supporting future content marketing strategies.
- PEM’s brand now reflects its position as Cambridge’s leading accountancy firm.
- There is a clear internal understanding of the firm’s core proposition and its direction for the future, and staff are excited to be representing a firm that combines experience and heritage with a modern outlook.
- Following the external launch, the response from clients has been overwhelmingly positive with 99% of clients asked rating the new brand ‘good’ or ‘very good’. Client comments said that the new brand:
“Reflects the people of PEM that I know”
“Is modern, fresh, and true to Cambridge heritage”
“Highlights PEM’s level of expertise in line with larger national firms, but with more local values”
At MobasCore we utilise invaluable brand strategy expertise and professional services sector experience to create meaningful brands that deliver tangible change. To find out more, email us at email@example.com