Digital UX/UI Designer
Do you have a passion for UX and design? This is a fantastic opportunity to join the MobasIgnite team working in a strategic creative digital capacity across our portfolio of brands.
The role will entail planning and creating digital designs across multiple platforms. You will be working in a fast paced, highly collaborative culture, and you’ll play a key role in informing and inspiring the user experiences and designs that we create.
You will be customer focused and data driven, using a variety of UX research and planning methods and techniques. You will work as a team player alongside creatives, developers, project managers, account managers and clients.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into wireframes and visuals. A solid understanding of both front and backend development will be required to ensure that your UI’s and creative designs easily translate into software development.
- Scoping planning and defining projects through the use of user stories, wireframes and visuals
- The ability to work closely with brand and print-based designers, through interpreting their work and bringing it to life online
- Familiarity designing within agile and waterfall project management methodologies
- Design for Drupal in a modular orientated way
- Design related qualification – desirable
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Flash
- Appreciation of CSS/HTML with an understanding of W3C standards
- Good understanding of website best practices
- Good understanding of HTML email design best practice
- Good understanding of web usability and information architecture
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A good eye for colour, typography, design and composition
- Ability to show good design initiative and judgement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working on multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Have excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, positive 'can do' approach and mature
- Bring external design experiences to Mobas (e.g. liking a design and sharing it)
- Comfortable rationalising and presenting design internally and to clients
- Have an awareness of web development trends and how they can influence design and layout. For example, advanced jQuery interaction.
- Have an awareness of the latest web designs, which will ensure our product remains competitive and up-to-date
- Where appropriate, create designs which “break the mould” and push the boundaries of web design and user interface
- Have experience of designing for multiple device types
- Have some knowledge of mobile app design
- Knowledge for responsive design techniques
A few facts:
- Mobas Group is a top 100 UK advertising agency, top 100 UK digital agency and a top 10 UK elite design agency, as ranked by RAR.
- We’re a 25+ strong team based in Stapleford, just South of Cambridge.
- We work with a mix of regional, national and international brands
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for this position to Peter Chaloner