Managed 24/7 is an award-winning managed IT services business. Having experienced a period of fast growth, and without dedicated marketing resource, the company’s corporate and service brands were poorly defined and being used inconsistently. Marketing activity was largely ad hoc and in need of strategic planning against a defined set of objectives. Customer and staff communications lacked structure and the website had become outdated. The brief to Mobas was to develop a marketing strategy and resource that truly reflected this sector-leader.
Strategic planning was a key priority, required to a level only possible through the closest client/agency ties. Our Head of Strategy is able to drive this for the client through an arrangement that sees her imbedded in the client’s organisation, acting as hands-on Marketing Director, and directing the agency’s specialist teams on their behalf.
This has enabled us to quickly create a deploy the company’s first strategic marketing plan, and to prioritise and deliver a comprehensive programme including a planned campaign calendar.
In terms of the brand, an initial brand audit gave us an understanding of the challenge, and identified the key communications channels that were in need of improvement. We drew on the client’s previous work on defining the brand, and supplemented that with staff interviews to hone the brand essence. This inspired a new tone of voice, and a brand look and feel that represents the business in an inspiring manner. Application across every touchpoint – internal and external – is generating very positive feedback.
Drawing on the skills of every specialist team within the agency, Managed 24/7 has benefited from a flexible and skilled marketing team with a single strategic lead in their imbedded Marketing Director.
Highlights of the first six month of the relationship include:
- The creation and implementation of a marketing strategy and 12 month plan
- The delivery of a new brand look and feel with image styling and a tone of voice
- The development of a suite of corporate marketing and sales materials with consistent and engaging branding
- 30% improvement in the performance of the existing website through SEO and quick fixes, while conducting a thorough scoping exercise in preparation for a new site
- PR coverage in The Telegraph and key vertical sector titles
- An enhanced social media presence