Brand Strategist / Planner
Mobas is looking for an all-round Brand Strategist or Planner to join our award-winning team working from our Cambridge office.
You’ll join a friendly, highly regarded and strategic team within one of the most established agencies within the East of England.
We offer a competitive salary along with many other company benefits. We promote a healthy work/life balance and are committed to encouraging and supporting professional development. If you add the extra to ordinary, we would love to hear from you!
Take a look at the job description below and feel free to contact us should you have any questions via email@example.com.
Summary of Job Purpose:
To facilitate Mobas’ delivery of strategic brand transformation to clients. Driving the transition of defined brands in effective delivered entities across multiple touchpoints. Leading the strategic process for selected strategy clients.
- Understand and own the brands under your remit
- Be responsible for taking a marketing strategy and transforming it into a marketing plan
- To take a lead in creating campaign plans across multiple channels, advising on the optimum channel and media mix
- To shape media plans on behalf of clients demonstrating reach and effectiveness
- To be able to combine off and online media to maximum effect
- Work with Client Services team to transition plans and strategy into client businesses
- To take an active role in training the Client Services team in campaign planning techniques
- To improve the agency team’s understanding of the media marketplace and opportunities within it
- Ensure you have current knowledge and understanding of marketing/planning tools and science - research and use the language around it
- Effectively plan campaigns and assist with brand mapping
- Understand brand voice throughout strategy and planning – devise how to best move forward including what media and messaging a client should be using
- Assist the running of business transformation client workshops, drive conversation and support the Director of Strategy
- Lead on brand and campaign transformation projects, running workshops with smaller clients
- Contribute to the agency’s creative direction by supporting a strategic approach to briefing and the interrogation of campaign creative.
- Support the Mobas Insight & Analytics Manager to scope, commission, manage and conduct research to support insight as part of the strategic and planning process, ensuring that every project and plan benefits from stakeholder profiling and insight
- Advise client on appropriate marketing KPIs and work with client and the team to put suitable measures in place. Monitor performance against KPIs, taking steps to address issues and reporting success.
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships to support successful project delivery to the highest standards.
- Create and maintain a strong and effective link between the strategic and delivery teams within Mobas which lead to the efficient delivery of projects. Keep focus on the priorities and responsibilities of the Strategy team at the same time
- Be alert to opportunities and assist in providing strategic input to projects managed by other internal teams
- Be consistently on top of your own time management, input time on a daily basis. Support the rest of the Strategy team in managing resource, priorities and planning client meetings accordingly.
- Maintain the Strategy planner ensuring that projects are planned efficiently and that the wider team is alerted to upcoming projects.
- Work with the CS team to ensure that billing can be carried out on time each month and in line with client expectations.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of clients’ businesses, industries and sector, including relevant terminology
- Keep up to date on current trends, strategic issues, channel development and competitor activity
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task, i.e. manage multiple projects at once and prioritise effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken, with the ability read an audience and pitch your tone accordingly
- A strong team player who is happy working independently when required
- Enthusiasm for corporate and marketing challenges and the ability to communicate that enthusiasm
- Proven experience of developing marketing strategy and deploying planning techniques confidently
- Experience of creating and evaluating campaign plans across a range of media
- Data literate
- Able to communicate professionally with clients from junior to C-level
- Diplomatic and tactful approach
- Able to present and ‘sell’
- Budget management experience
- Strategic thinker
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to evaluate and contribute to creative work
- Take pride in your work
- Able to build strong relationships quickly
- Highly literate
- Numerate and confident with both analytics and financial matters
- Excellent organisation skills
- High professional standards
- Confident approach, able to challenge a status quo and offer alternative solutions
Marketing qualification or a relevant degree is desirable.
Dependant on experience.