Strategic Account Manager
Mobas is looking for an all-round Strategic Account Manager to join our award-winning team working from our Cambridge office.
You’ll join a friendly, highly regarded and strategic team within one of the most established agencies within the East of England.
We offer a competitive salary along with many other company benefits. We promote a healthy work/life balance and are committed to encouraging and supporting professional development. If you add the extra to ordinary, we would love to hear from you!
Take a look at the job description below and feel free to contact us should you have any questions via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of Job Purpose:
As a hybrid role sitting between the Mobas Client Services and Strategy teams, your job will be to facilitate Mobas’ delivery of strategic projects for clients.
The Client Services team are the main point of contact between the client, the creative and production teams and third-party suppliers. As part of this relationship the team is responsible for the effective management of projects in their care and dealing with the day-to-day turnaround of work. The Client Services team need to be the face of the client internally and represent the agency as a whole when with the client, offering strategic input as required.
This unique role is an opportunity for a strategically focused and experienced account handler to run projects exclusively for the Strategy team, in line with the Mobas transformational offering.
- Understand and own the brands under your remit.
- Communicate effectively with both clients and the wider Mobas team in terms of client requirements and briefs.
- Maintain strategic overview of accounts and proactively advise clients on any new issues in the internal or external environment.
- Responsible for developing strategic programmes and finalising programme activity and budget with clients.
- Be responsible for taking a marketing strategy (developed by the Strategy team) and transforming it into an actionable marketing plan.
- Effectively plan campaigns, using appropriate tools and methodologies, drawing on the expertise of other Mobas departments as required.
- Advise clients on appropriate marketing KPIs and work with client and the team to put suitable measures in place. Monitor performance against KPIs, taking steps to address issues and reporting success.
- Have an appreciation for brand voice and its application. You should be competent in reviewing and critiquing creative copy in line with tone of voice guidelines.
- Assist the Director of Strategy in running client workshops – driving conversation, capturing meeting outputs and actions.
- Contribute to the agency’s creative direction by supporting a strategic approach to briefing and the interrogation of campaign creative.
- Challenge client briefs in a diplomatic and practical manner in order to reach a workable solution if necessary which fits with client requirements.
- Support the Mobas Insight & Analytics Manager to scope, commission, manage and conduct research to support insight as part of the strategic process, including interviews with client teams
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships to support successful project delivery to the highest standards.
- Create and maintain a strong and effective link between the strategic and delivery teams within Mobas which lead to the efficient delivery of projects. Keep focus on the priorities and responsibilities of the Strategy team at the same time
- Be alert to opportunities and assist in providing strategic input to projects managed by other internal teams
- Be consistently on top of your own time management, input time on a daily basis. Support the rest of the Strategy team in managing resource, priorities and planning client meetings accordingly.
- Maintain the Strategy planner ensuring that projects are planned efficiently and that the wider team is alerted to upcoming projects.
- Work with the rest of the Client Services team to ensure that the Strategy team’s billing can be carried out on time each month and in line with client expectations.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of clients’ businesses, industries and sector, including relevant terminology
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of working in a similar agency or in-house role
- Full understanding of the marketing mix
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task, i.e. manage multiple projects at once and prioritise effectively
- Ability to learn quickly and use initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken, with the ability read an audience and pitch your tone accordingly
- A strong team player who is happy working independently when required
- Enthusiasm for marketing challenges and the ability to communicate that enthusiasm
- Ability to develop top-level and more detailed marketing plans in line with client objectives and KPIs
- Able to communicate professionally with clients from junior to C-level
- Diplomatic and tactful approach
- Able to present and ‘sell’
- Budget management experience
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to evaluate and contribute to creative work
- Take pride in your work
- Able to build strong relationships quickly
- Highly literate
- Well organised
- Numerate and confident with financial matters
- Excellent organisation skills
- High professional standards
- Confident approach, able to challenge a status quo and offer alternative solutions
Marketing qualification or a relevant degree is desirable
Dependant on experience.