Front-end website developer
Role: Front-end website developer
Location: Cambridge Office
Mobas is a creative agency with true integrated capabilities. We have a strong Digital offering, and due to a number of new client wins we are looking for a new Front-end Developer to join the team.
As a Front-end Developer at Mobas you will be a proactive team-player responsible for successfully developing and maintaining client websites.
You will be an expert in front-end development with a good eye for design. You’ll be involved in communicating high-level development concepts to non-technical team members and clients. You will work closely with the design team to transform designs into actual code that will produce visual elements of the application or website. The role demands you to write clean semantic and reusable code ready for commercial use.
The role also requires you to be comfortable with CMS integrations and custom development. You should thrive on collaboration, communicate well, and be able to manage your priorities.
- Implement industry leading development, best practices to ensure a high-quality web deliverable on every project.
- Ensure that correct technical processes are being employed and followed on your projects.
- Contribute to best practices, workflows, and standards and company knowledge sharing.
- Implement robust, high quality CMS managed websites to project deadlines.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure all code is thoroughly tested.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Collaborate and meet with other team members and stakeholders where necessary.
- Deliver projects to specification and within budget constraints.
- Using your technical and commercial knowledge, proactively make educated development suggestions to improve the quality of delivery and profitability of each project.
- Estimating development for support tasks as well as new website projects.
- Owning and managing support work ensuring the delivery of backlog tasks are estimated and delivered in line with client expectations in terms of time and quality.
- Taking lead responsibility for supporting Head of Digital and Client Services with the day-to-day management of the Trello Support Board and operation and delivery.
- Actively involved in project scoping and definition – work with clients and internal teams to help define project scope and content strategy, information architecture, website wireframing, development estimates, and concept creation.
Strong knowledge of web development tools and programming languages to include but not limited to:
- Expert knowledge of integrating content management systems. e.g. (Bolt and Drupal).
- Expert knowledge in using private and public REST API’s.
- Expert knowledge developing cross platform (responsive) and browser web applications (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Edge).
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices to optimize for load time and perceived performance.
- Experience working with Git source control.
- Knowledge of SEO and Accessibility best practices - ensuring that sites will adhere to them including front end optimization, meta data, site crawl. Proficient in Google search console, Google tag manager, MOZ, Google analytics and other SEO related technical tools.
- Ability to effectively priorities and execute tasks in a fast turn-around environment.
- Understand the commercial importance of client work delivery and client care, working with your team to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Commitment and integrity to all aspects of work, with an appreciation for Mobas’ commercial obligations and brand reputation.
- Excellent attention to detail and diligence throughout the development process.
- Solutions focused with a positive and optimistic approach to work delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to adapt style according to the client.