Front-end website developer
Role: Front-end website developer
Location: Cambridge Office
In-line with our strategy for growth and an influx of new work, we have an exciting new opportunity within our digital team for a front-end developer.
You will join an established team within one of the best agencies in the East of England.
This is a permanent position well-suited to an individual looking for variety in their work within a supporting environment.
Currently, we are working remotely, however, when things return to normal this role will be based in our Cambridge office with the flexibility of working from home when required.
Working within the Digital team you will have strong front-end development skills with a good eye for design.
You will work closely with the design team to transform designs into actual code that will produce visual elements of the application or website.
You will need to be comfortable with CMS integrations and custom development. You should thrive on collaboration, communicate well, and be able to manage your priorities.
- Delivering high quality and well performing CMS driven websites to project deadlines.
- Contribute to best practices, standards and accessibility and share this knowledge within the team.
- Work with designers to ensure the technical feasibility of designs and to provide the best UX possible.
- Provide support on existing websites and be prepared to pick up legacy code.
- Write good technical documentation on development tasks and comment your code responsibly.
- Estimating for work alongside the client services team.
Skills, Qualities & Experience:
Strong knowledge of web development tools and programming languages to include but not limited to:
- Excellent knowledge of responsive design and cross device/browser driven development.
- Good knowledge of CSS processors such as SASS/SCSS or LESS.
- Good experience of working with version control systems, ideally Git.
- Good experience of building sites with CMS’s and integrating designs using the Twig templating engine.
- Some knowledge of accessibility best standards and practices.
- Some knowledge of JS front-end frameworks such as Vue.js
- Some knowledge in utilising API’s.
- Ability to work independently at times and to problem solve to turn around solutions in a busy agency environment.
- Excellent attention to detail in implementing designs.
- Good communication skills and the ability to speak with clients if required to explain technical considerations.
- An enthusiasm and keenness to keep up to date on web trends and emerging technologies.
We currently build websites using the following technologies/frameworks/software.
- HTML, SCSS, Vanilla JS
- PHP based CMS’s including, but not limited to – Drupal, Bolt, Craft
- Twig templating engine.
- AWS and its various platforms.
- Vue.js integrations and web apps.
- Hold current driving license and any relevant insurances
- Ability to multi task and manage own work load according to various deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times regarding client and team data
- Calm under pressure; and
- Enthusiasm for new knowledge.
We offer a competitive salary along with many other company benefits. We promote a healthy work/life balance and are committed to encouraging and supporting professional development. If you add the extra to ordinary, we would love to hear from you!
This role is available for an immediate start. If this sounds of interest, please send through your application to include CV, portfolio and salary expectations to email@example.com