Mobas in 2016: A successful year for all
With a new vision, a strengthened team and a host of new client acquisitions, a challenging and unpredictable 2016 proved to be a highly successful year for Mobas.
The agency has this year aligned its strategy for the next three years, encompassing its new single organising purpose: Success for All. Within the market, Mobas is now positioned as a leading strategic marketing agency, with a revitalised internal culture and investment in client relationships.
Robin Bryant, Joint Managing Director at Mobas, said: “2016 was a bumper year for Mobas, and 2017 is set to be even bigger. Investing in our strategy and culture is proving hugely successful, as shown through the growth of the agency both with new team members and fantastic client wins.
“2016 also saw Mobas bring home a CIPR Gold award for a PR campaign with long-term client Countryside Properties, as well as being a finalist in the Recommended Agency Register (RAR) Awards. Campaigns and activity planned for the coming year will continue to consolidate Mobas’ position as East Anglia’s leading strategic marketing agency.”
Mobas has shaped and formed different areas of the business by growing its team of experts as well as realigning its internal structure:
- Peter Chaloner, previously Client Services Director, was promoted to Joint Managing Director alongside Robin Bryant. Robin will be leading Mobas’ creative, strategy and PR work, with Peter taking care of client services and digital within the team.
- Rachel Berry has joined the management team as HR Manager, a solid investment in the culture at Mobas, with aims to develop a sophisticated human resources function including recruitment, retention, employee engagement and relations.
- Nick Mann has been brought on to bolster the outsource offering at Mobas, acting as the Marketing Manager for one of Mobas’ key clients. Working alongside both teams, Nick will guarantee consistency of messaging and that the brand work that Mobas has delivered will be rolled out.
- In the strategy team, two senior appointments of highly experienced practitioners have been made. Shelby Haslam has joined Mobas as Head of Strategy to expand the client base and grow the already talented team, and Neil Gaught has joined as Special Advisor to support the agency’s ambitious growth plans.
- In the digital team, Jon Parsons has been employed as Head of Digital to develop and deliver digital solutions more efficiently for clients. Supporting this, Adam Smith was also employed as the Digital Account Manager to build and maintain long-term relationships with clients. He brings significant experience in SEO, PPC, affiliate and email marketing as well as mentoring the team on digital trends.
- In the PR team, senior practitioner and the region’s CIPR Joint Chair Adam Tuckwell is now the agency’s Head of PR and Social, intent on further developing the public relations offering. Catie Allwright has been brought on as an Account Executive to support this development as the team works on a wider range of clients and industries, covering FMCG, construction and technology.
- A founding shareholder, Stephen Smith has also seen his remit grow from Finance Director to Operations Director, extending his responsibilities to ensure the efficient running of the agency. A new Accounts Assistant, Sarah Lee, was brought on to support him.
- Jessica Martin, who has been with the agency five years, has been appointed Client Services Manager for Mobas. Jess will be looking after the client services team, maintaining and improving the client satisfaction rate of 93% within the department.
Mobas has grown not only in team numbers, but exponentially in client acquisition. 2016 saw the strategic marketing agency secure contracts with a wealth of clients across a breadth of industries:
- Cambridge University Press
- Geodesys and Digdat
- Granta Processors
- Meet Cambridge
- MSD Animal Health
- Play Fusion
- PPG Pinetree
- Reynaers (extending Mobas’ remit to cover creative and social as well as PR)
- Robinson Young (Ace and Pernaton)
- Tees Law
- Volvo Construction Equipment
These clients have appointed Mobas to embark upon long-term projects, utilising the agency’s full suite of strategic marketing services. If you'd like to talk to us about working with you on your upcoming projects, get in touch at email@example.com.