As we approach the end of the year, marketing teams are already setting their sights on 2023, developing their strategies and considering how to build their brands through a managed marketing programme. To help guide them on this journey, Mobas CEO Robin Bryant has collated his list of six tends to be mindful of in 2023.
1. The rise of video marketing In recent years, there has been a significant rise in the use of video marketing by businesses of all sizes. This shift can be attributed to a number of factors, including the increasing popularity of digital channels such as YouTube and the growing importance of engaging potential customers through relevant and informative content. For many businesses, video provides an opportunity to connect with their audience in a more personal way, educating them about new products and services while also reinforcing the brand identity. When done well, video marketing can be an extremely effective way to reach and engage potential customers. However, it’s important to ensure that the videos are high-quality and informative in order to maximise their impact.
2. Increased focus on data-driven marketing Data has always been a key ingredient in successful marketing campaigns, but in recent years the focus on data-driven marketing has only increased. By understanding the behaviours and preferences of their target audiences, businesses can more effectively segment and target their marketing efforts. And with the increasing availability of data and advances in analytical tools, it’s easier than ever to get insights that can improve campaign performance. Of course, simply having data isn’t enough – it’s also important to know what to do with it. That’s where KPIs come in. By setting and tracking them, businesses can ensure that their marketing efforts are constantly moving in the right direction. With data playing an ever-more important role in marketing success, those who are able to harness its power will have a significant advantage in the marketplace.
3. Greater use of AI and machine learning in marketing As we all know, marketing is constantly evolving. So it’s no surprise that AI and machine learning are increasingly being used to help marketers make sense of data and behaviour. By understanding predictive patterns, these technologies can help companies target their marketing efforts more effectively and efficiently. In addition, AI and machine learning can also help marketers automate repetitive tasks, freeing up time for more strategic pursuits. As these technologies continue to develop, there’s no doubt that they’ll become an essential part of the marketer’s toolkit. So if you’re not already using AI and machine learning in your marketing efforts, now’s the time to start.
4. More content marketing Quality content marketing is more than just blog posts and social media updates. Quality content is educational, informative and relevant to your target audience. It’s the maverick nature of thought-leading pieces that inspire others to share. Quality content marketing is about sharing your knowledge and expertise in a way that educates, inspires and entertains your audience. When done right, it’s an essential part of any digital marketing strategy. So, if you’re looking to take your content marketing to the next level, focus on creating quality content that will educate, inspire and entertain your audience.
5. Continued growth of social media marketing As we move into the next decade, it’s clear that social media marketing is here to stay. In fact, its continued growth is inevitable, given the ever-increasing role of social media in our lives. As consumers spend more time on social media platforms, brands are shifting their marketing efforts to reach these audiences where they are. And, as social media evolves, so too must marketers’ strategies. Knowledge of the latest trends and technologies is essential for staying relevant and engaging with audiences. But effective social media marketing goes beyond just having a presence on the platforms. It requires careful planning and analysis to ensure that content is being delivered to the right people at the right time. With so much at stake, it’s clear that social media marketing will continue to be a key part of any successful marketing strategy in the years to come.
6. Emergence of new channels such as voice search and augmented reality Mavericks in the world of technology are always on the lookout for the next big thing, and they’re often the first to adopt new channels such as voice search and augmented reality. By doing so, they help to raise awareness of these new technologies and behaviours among consumers. As more people become aware of these new channels, they are more likely to adopt them in their own lives. This, in turn, helps to drive further adoption and awareness, creating a virtuous circle that helps to future-proof businesses against the ever-changing landscape of consumer behaviour.
Are you ready to get planning? While there are many marketing trends that we could discuss, we’ve highlighted some of the key ones that we think will be most important for brands in 2023. We always love to hear from our clients about the latest trends they see in their industries and how Mobas can help them stay ahead of the curve. If you’d like to know more about future marketing trends, please contact us here at Mobas – we love to discuss the future marketing landscape. Thank you for reading!